While the title might seem a little bit heavy on the hyperbole, as I’m sure this article will not contain every single thing that everybody wants to know about Plexus Slim, I do think you will get many answers here! Don’t be overwhelmed by the magnitude of this post. I’m nothing if not an organizer, so it is broken down neatly for you to find everything you want. (And you can always follow the hyperlinks in the “Index List” to scoot right on down where you want to go.)
Note: If this is too much for you, just click on one of the individual links given at the bottom of the post to get this info in bite-sized pieces! 🙂
Click on the links below to jump down to the info you want to read!
- Defining Plexus Slim and Plexus Worldwide
- Just the Facts….the Short Info About Plexus Slim
- Outline of Plexus Slim Ingredients and What They Do
- The Most Amazing Result of Using Plexus Slim, the Pink Drink—Curbing Sugar Cravings!
- Frequently Asked Questions About Plexus Slim
- Videos to Learn More About Plexus Slim
- 13 Things You Need to Know About Plexus Slim
- 11 Tips for Using Plexus Slim, the Pink Drink
- Bonus: Plexus Articles and Videos
Defining Plexus Slim and Plexus Worldwide
What is Slim?
Plexus Slim, the Pink Drink, is the Plexus company’s anchor product. It is a kool-aid like packet that is shaken into a bottle of water. It contains all natural ingredients, no stimulants, is GMO free, is plant-based, and is easy to use once or twice daily for many health benefits, including blood sugar balancing, inflammation reduction, appetite suppressant, energy providing, and mood enhancement.
What is the Plexus Company–Plexus Worldwide?
What Is a Plexus Ambassador?
Just the Facts–the Short Info on Plexus Slim, the Pink Drink
I know it is hard to believe that a little “kool-aid-like” packet that you
shake into a water bottle could make such a huge difference in people’s
lives–but it is and it does!
So what can this pink drink do for you…well formally, the Plexus company
tell us that Plexus Slim:
• Provides safe and effective weight control
• Helps maintain healthy blood sugars
• Helps maintain healthy blood pressure
• Helps maintain healthy cholesterol and lipid levels
• Has proven ingredients (natural/plant-based ingredients)—including Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chlorogenic Acid, and
Garcinia Cambogia—that address all areas of weight loss
• Is not a meal replacement
• Is not a shake (doesn’t need anything but a bottle of water to mix)
• Is fast and easy
• Saves you time
• Provides a simple solution combined with water to help you succeed in your health goals by balancing your body
And yet, those who take and love this (which must be around 99% of those who
try it since Plexus only has a 1% return rate in spite of offering a
sixty-day-full-money-back-guarantee!) will tell you that it has done so much
more for them.
Ask users, and they will tell you things like:
“I lost my last thirty pounds that I had tried to lose for ten years!”
“I can finally sleep!”
“No more leg cramps and other leg and foot issues at night!”
“I have energy–as in, no afternoon naps needed!”
“I am happier…just plain happier!”
“I lost a size the first month and another size the following two months!”
“I don’t crave carbohydrates anymore!”
“I can turn down dessert!”
“I am no longer anxious!”
“I am encouraged and excited about the future!”
“I have motivation that I was missing for so long!”
“It made me want to eat fruits and vegetables more!”
And on and on and on.
Why not give Plexus Slim a chance? You buy it online; it is delivered to
your door; you pour it in water, mix or shake, drink, and feel amazing!
Outline of Plexus Slim Ingredients and What They Do
(1) GENERAL INFO of Plexus Slim
a. 10 calories/3 carbs per serving
b. Natural berry flavor—cherry Tootsie Pop or cherry/pomegranate
c. Fast and easy—just add water, shake/go
d. Not a meal replacement….no blender needed
e. Gluten-free, 100% vegetarian
f. Best mixed in room temp water (then may add ice, lemon, stevia, etc. as desired)
g. Even sweetener and color are created with natural ingredients (sweetened with stevia leaf extract and lo-han-guo fruit extract; colored with beet juice)
(2) GENERAL BENEFITS of Plexus Slim
a. Blood sugar stabilization creates benefits across the board (sleep, mood, mental clarity, cravings, balanced body, etc.)
- typical diet wreaks havoc on glucose levels—up and then crash then more sugar (like a car…gas, brakes, gas, brakes…)
- strong correlation between blood sugar being stabilized and your natural bio- rhythms (sleep, wake, restfulness, etc.)
- Slim works on insulin to allow sugar to get to our cells, brains, muscles, etc., which makes it more efficient (not just stuck in the blood stream, stored as fat)
b. Decreases cholesterol and lipds
c. Controls appetite
d. Prevents food cravings
e. Pain relief/inflammation relief
(3) MAIN INGREDIENTS in Slim and THEIR BENEFITS
a. Chromium Polynicolate (the good kind of chromium!)
- Chromium is an essential element that most are deficient in
- Enhances insulin functioning
- Burns carbohydrates and fat
- Builds lean muscle
- Burns fat by moving glucose into cells so that the body can use it for energy
- Turns fats, carbohydrates, and proteins into energy
b. Chlorogenic Acid (from Green Coffee Bean Extract)*
- Lowers blood pressure, gets rid of excess blood sugar that stores fat
- Great antioxidant
- Helps get rid of extra sugar in the blood stream
- Helps the liver burn fat
- Increases metabolism
- Helps balance blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels
- Increases energy levels
- Removes free radicals/toxins from your body to improve immune health
*less than 2% natural caffeine…compared to a decaf coffee
c. Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract
- Helps convert carbs and sugars to energy so they are not stored as fat
- Help you feel fuller/natural appetite suppressant
- Increases serotonin levels in the brain to improve mood, reduce food cravings, and promote better sleep
d. Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Powerful antioxidant that awakens other antioxidants in your body
- The only antioxidant that wakes up other antioxidants and breaks down free radicals
- Pain reliever and anti-inflammatory
- Can slow the aging process in skin
- Can repair liver damage
- Can reduce risk of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease
- Natural anti-inflammatory
e. Beet Root
- Gives the drink its pink color
- Fights stress
- Helps fat digestion
f. Luo Han Guo
- Natural Sweetener that works as an antioxidant to improve immune function
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- Aids in weight loss
- Natural sweetener (If you have tried stevia before but did not like it, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by Plexus Slim’s stevia!)
The Most Amazing Result of Using Plexus Slim–Curbing Sugar Cravings!
Statistics show that eight out of ten adults are overweight. And that obesity is the number two cause of preventable death in the United States. Traditional diets and weight loss method have less than a five percent success rate.
Losing weight is hard work—it is hard to start, hard to keep up the motivation and momentum, and hard to say no to foods that are less than healthy. We often crave unhealthy foods—some of us to the point that those cravings control us!
Whether you are trying to lose weight or simply reduce carbohydrates, sugar, and unhealthy foods, Plexus Slim, the pink drink, can help you with its blood-sugar balancing properties. (Note: If you need to gain weight or maintain your current weight, Slim helps with that too! Yep, it’s true! Balancing your body will cause your health to rise to whatever you need for it to. I have one teen Plexus Slim user who just gained fourteen pounds with Slim (with his pediatrician’s permission)…as he was so underweight.)
Healthy eating and exercise are hard by themselves. Our bodies are almost always deficient in important nutrients that we need to balance our bodies.
Enter Plexus Slim….it eliminates cravings, binge eating, and poor eating habits. It mimics blood sugar. The combination of ingredients in Slim is 100,000 times more potent than glucose (i.e. blood sugar). It does not cause blood sugar spikes, but rather it lowers blood sugar….and a body with balanced blood sugar will automatically crave sugar and carbs less!
When you take Slim, the hypothalamus detects an increase in blood sugar (even though there isn’t one). The hypothalamus tells the body that you don’t need any more food….eliminating hunger. This is why people on Slim say that they are full quickly. This is why users say that they do not get hungry for long periods of time.
Before you say that you don’t want to not feel hungry….Slim doesn’t take away all hunger. It simply helps us control it. And balances the body with the ingredients to the point that you don’t have unnecessary hunger or cravings.
Sugar cravings are often caused by a deficiency in chromium. Chromium is found in beef, brewer’s yeast, dark chocolate, chicken eggs, oysters, and potato skins. It balances blood sugar levels and stops the signals that tell your brain that you need sugar. So it essentially makes you NOT want sugar. Can you imagine that every day…all day long…instead of continual sugar cravings?
While Slim has a lot of great ingredients (see the list here), most of the great results come from the combination of ingredients working together to balance blood sugar. It doesn’t matter if you are not diabetic or you think your blood sugar is already stabilized. For your body to work efficiently, your blood sugar needs to be within a narrow range. Once this happens, your body starts doing great things! You sleep better, crave healthy foods, have more sustained energy, have fewer mood swings, have less discomfort and inflammation, and more.
Yes, lots of great results with Plexus Slim, but as a former sugar-addict, my favorite has to be the amazing self control that it gives me over food. Now that my body is balanced, I seldom crave unhealthy foods, have control over my food choices, long for healthy (real!) foods, and feel amazing!
FAQ About Plexus Slim
Does Plexus Slim® contain MSG?
Plexus Slim® does not contain MSG nor other controversial ingredients. Some manufacturers play label games to hide MSG and other controversial ingredients. Plexus does not. MSG has been used as a preservative in many foods.
Is Plexus Slim® vegetarian or vegan?
Plexus Slim® is both.
Is Plexus Slim® gluten-free?
What is the sweetener in Plexus Slim®?
Much time and effort has been expended in developing the taste of Plexus Slim® . The goal was to create a good tasting product without using controversial ingredients. The final formulation that produced the desired taste uses Stevia with a bitter blocker. Stevia is a safe alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
When can I expect to experience results?
It is a very subtle yet effective product. Most people begin to recognize benefits approximately 2 weeks after starting the product. Some experience benefits sooner, others, later. Results always vary depending on the individual, diet, and exercise.
Are there any stimulants in Plexus Slim®?
Chlorogenic Acid is extracted from Green Coffee Caffea Arabica Bean and contains less than 2% natural caffeine. (Note: This is said to be equivalent to one cup of decaffeinated coffee. It does not affect people caffeine-wise.)
When is the best time to drink Plexus Slim®?
Preferably 15-30 minutes before a meal. However, Plexus Slim® can be taken anytime and will still benefit the consumer.
How often do I have to take Plexus Slim?
Most people only take Plexus Slim® once a day; however, you may find that taking Plexus Slim® twice a day works better for you. (Note: People with carbohydrate intolerance, pre-diabetes, diabetes, or many pounds to lose often take two Slims a day.)
Do I need to eat differently when I am taking Plexus Slim®?
This is a really important question and here is a very simple thing to keep in mind: if you keep on doing what you have always been doing, you will keep on getting what you have always been getting. In reverse, if you want to get healthy, you will need to eat differently than before. Plexus Slim® is formulated to help you make a life-style change to your eating habits. (Note: Over time, Slim changes your eating habits, your desires, your cravings, and your longing for real foods. Go with these changes that are happening gradually as your body becomes balanced!)
Do I need to exercise on the Plexus Slim® program?
Yes. Moderate exercise – like a 20 to 30 minute brisk walk every day – is a necessary component of any wellness program and will dramatically increase the success of your program.
Do I have to give up drinking alcohol to lose weight with Plexus Slim®?
This is a very individual thing. Some people have told us that, throughout their adult life they have never been able to feel really healthy unless they give up drinking. The developers of Plexus Slim® say that, for most people, moderate drinking will not hinder your program, but alcoholic beverages are very high in calories. Consume too many calories and you are going to be working against your program.
What are the ingredients in Plexus Slim®?
Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate)
Plexus Slim® blend (Green coffee bean extract -contains chlorogenic acid and less than 2% natural caffeine, Garcinia cambogia fruit extract, alpha lipoic acid)
Other Ingredients: Polydextrose, citric acid, natural flavors, beet extract (for color), stevia leaf (Stevia rebaudiana) extract, luo-han-guo fruit extract, guar gum, silicon dioxide
Is Plexus Slim® FDA approved?
Plexus Slim® is categorized as a food supplement therefore it is neither approved nor disapproved by the FDA.
Is it okay to mix Plexus Slim® in hot water?
We do not recommend putting Plexus Slim® into too hot of water as you may risk ‘cooking’ the ingredients. It may lower the efficacy of the product. Plexus Slim® is best mixed with room temperature to slightly cool water. (Note: It is best to shake it in a room temperature water bottle then add ice or pour over ice, if desired.)
Will Plexus Slim® cause me to notice a loss in pounds or inches?
Participants in an independent, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, human clinical study who used one pack of Slim twice a day lost an average of 5.45 pounds in 8 weeks, while the TriPlex group lost an average of 7.2 pounds…and the TriPlex placebo group lost .2 pounds (2/10 of a pound) during that same time period. There was a trend to weight decrease with Slim group (p=0.059). –We recommend that you take measurements before starting the program to monitor your results.
Videos to Learn More About Plexus Slim
Another medium length video on Plexus Slim (five minutes)
13 Things You Need to Know About Plexus Slim
(1) Rest assured that the pink drink does not add calories or carbs to your day! At ten calories and three carbs a stick, it will not jeopardize your weight loss efforts (um, though your pants might get loose fairly quickly!).
(2) Also, rest assured that the pink drink does not contain sugar, artificial sweeteners, or any sweetener that is high in the glycemic index (i.e. honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.). It is sweetened with natural stevia (and not that bitter kind that I threw away when I tried it a few years ago!).
(3) Those with stevia reactions may still be able to drink the pink drink.
Obviously, you would consult with your doctor and do not try it if he forbids it, but many people who say they react to stevia do not react to the stevia in Plexus Slim. I don’t know if it is the quality of the stevia or the “processing” or what—but after checking with your doctor, you still might want to try a Slim sample before ruling it out altogether.
(4) That darling pink color you see in your glass is also not from an artificial source.
It comes from beet juice. I know, right? I don’t even like beets!!! It colors it perfectly without any “beet-y” taste….but with lots of better beet benefits. (Sorry, I’m an English curriculum author!)
(5) Oh, the taste—I love it!
It has been described as cherry-pomegranate. Or similar to cherry Tootsie Pops. It fills my Diet Coke need (soooo grateful to be rid of that two-plus-decade habit!). I love the taste.
(6) Plexus Slim works to eliminate fat, not muscle, so you may notice inches coming off faster than pounds.
Take the time to record your weight and measurements, and to take pictures, before, during and after your Plexus journey. Your progress may not be evident to you unless you take these steps:
• Always weigh yourself first thing in the morning with minimal clothing on. Weigh weekly.
• Pictures of your front, back, and side in snug fitting clothing are ideal, but do what you can
• Take measurements of at least these areas: bust, waist, hips, upper thigh
• Try on a favorite outfit that is currently tight then again later to check progress
(7) While no particular ‘diet’ is required while taking Plexus Slim, you will likely see better results if you eat ‘clean’.
Protein (eggs, meat) for breakfast, sensible lunch and dinner consisting of meat, veggies, and fruit. Breakfast is important! Limit intake of snacks and simple carbs (sweets, crackers, bread, potatos). Ditch soda, especially diet soda! Pay attention to your body – if hungry, eat – if not, don’t.
(8) Pay attention to other areas of your life – sleep, energy level,reduced cravings, discomfort level (if you suffer from chronic pain), etc. Many people experience improvements in these areas. Changes may be subtle – notice!
(9) Make sure you have daily bowel movements. If not, our gentle, natural Bio Cleanse capsules with amazing magnesium will help! (See What Is TriPlex here.)
(10) It is important to recognize that everybody is different so results may vary. Your health conditions, medications, water intake, food choices, and stress levels can affect your results.
(11) Trust the ingredients.
The ingredients in Plexus Slim are all natural and vegetable-based. The caffeine that is in it is natural—from Green Coffee Bean Extract. It is negligible, and drinkers will likely feel no effect from it. (I am especially sensitive to caffeine, and the miniscule amount of natural caffeine in Slim doesn’t bother me even when I drink it at night with dinner.)
The stevia used to sweeten the drink is natural—and not “yucky.” (Alright, I eat like a ten year old, and generally speaking, I think stevia is yucky…sorry!) I was shocked how great it tasted—not at all like the bitter stevia that I had tried to bake with.
Even the coloring—not artificial! It is colored with beet juice. How cool is that!?
(12) Be patient while waiting for your great results.
While I write to be patient, I have to say that there are fairly immediate results that you can watch for.
Personally, after taking TriPlex for two weeks, I had lost half a size and didn’t go crazy when my son-in-law ruptured his spleen five days before our big family vacation!
I had carb control within a month (and had lost a full size).
My son lost twenty pounds in ten days (unusual, but cool!)—and he only had thirty pounds to lose!
Consistency yields results. Notice the little things—more energy, more control, less craving,
balanced blood sugars, energy….it will all come!
(13) Contact me for help or more information!
I would love to help you with your health journey. Feel free to contact me with questions via text, phone call, email, or messenger. (Donna Reish—260-433-4365)
11 Tips for Using Plexus Slim, the Pink Drink
When do you drink your pink drink? How do you mix it? Can you drink it before bed? Let’s answer those questions and more….
This amazing cherry-pomegranate-flavored “kool-aid” type of drink (with all natural, vegetable-based ingredients) has amazing power and potential to change your life—so you want to be sure that you drink it consistently, at the optimal times, in the best way for you.
Slim was originally created by the company as a supplement for Type 2 diabetics to help balance blood sugars.During the testing of the product, 100% of the users lost weight.
Thus, the product became the anchor product for Plexus—to help diabetics and people in general with blood sugar issues; weight, inch, and fat loss; muscle retention during weight loss; energy; appetite suppressant; carb craving control; and more. Awsome, huh?
(1) Drink it when it most helps you.
Many people like to drink it first thing in the morning. They like to start their day with the Pink Drink rather than starting it with coffee. They like to get it in their systems right away.
Others like to drink it after breakfast—energizing them for the day ahead.
Still others (like myself) like to wait until hunger hits. I like to wait later in the day to eat my first meal (not-Plexus-related; just something I like to do for myself—a longer “fast” time), so I drink my first Slim (see below for one or two?) when I first feel hungry (which is late morning/noontime for me). Whether it is real or imagined, I’m not sure, but I feel that it wards off my hunger for another couple of hours.
The majority of people drink Slim fifteen to thirty minutes before breakfast or lunch.
So the first tip is to drink it when you want/need to. Are you trying to give up diet drinks? Drink Pink instead with your noon meal. Do you feel the instant energy from Plexus and need it in the morning, then drink it then.
(2) While you should mix it in room temperature water (or shake it), you might like to add ice to it after mixing.
That is what I do. I use these amazing stainless steel water jugs from Amazon! <–affiliate link. When added directly to ice water, it can clump a little, so I like to mix it (even if it is just a few ounces) in room temperature water first—then ice it.
(3) Speaking of dilution and mixing, you control the sweetness of your Plexus Slim!
If mixing it in sixteen ounces makes it too sweet for you, mix it in twenty ounces. (My water jug is a twenty ounce jug.) If sixteen ounces does not give you a sweet enough drink (i.e. after years of Diet Mountain Dew habits, perhaps??? lol), you can certainly mix or shake it in ten or twelve ounces. You control the sweetness!
Oh, I’ve also heard of people who divide their Slim in half and put half in their water early in the day and half later—just very diluted. I haven’t heard anything negative about this method.
There isn’t a right or wrong amount of water to shake it into.
(4) Shockingly, there are a few who do not share my love for its taste. (Strange, right?) My twenty-one-year-old-pediatric nurse son is one of these. He mixes his in the bottom of a cup with a couple of ounces and drinks it down like a shot! (He puts up with the taste this way since he lost twenty pounds within the first two months.
(5) Once you mix it, you should drink it within the hour (preferably a half an hour). Therefore, don’t mix it in forty ounces of water if you can’t drink it within an hour. (Somehow my husband does this!)
(6) Don’t add artificial ingredients with your Slim. While you can definitely mix it with lemon or lime juice and a little more stevia or Pyure (or other liquid sweetener that is not artificial), you don’t want to mix it with other sweeteners, such as NutraSweet, Splenda, sugar, etc.
(7) Drink your water.
It is recommended that you drink half your body weight in water each day while using Plexus products. Many of the products (especially BioCleanse and ProBio 5) are filtering out and helping the body to release toxins. The body needs water in order to give the released fat and toxins a “vehicle” to leave the body.Drink half of your body weight in ounces every day. Ex: if you weigh 200 pounds, drink 100 ounces of water.
(8) Do not think of Slim as a meal replacement.
There is very little caloric value in Slim. It is not a “food,” per se. It is a supplement drink with all natural ingredients with amazing properties.
Thus, do not use it instead of eating (unless you desire to fast that meal). I have heard of people making shakes, smoothies, slushies, etc., with their Slim, but do not make it into a hot drink as “cooking” the ingredients could alter them.
I personally like that it is not a meal replacement. I don’t like to drink calories. It feels like I am wasting the calories I have to spend. I know others who love meal replacement shakes (and Plexus does have some shake mixes that people love)—but Slim is just a drink, not a meal.
(9) Drink one or two Plexus Slim drinks a day.
Most people will lose weight and feel better fairly quickly with one Slim drink per day. Still others might need to take two a day. I personally have battle pre-diabetes/carb intolerance for the past eight years or so; thus, I use two a day right now.
So who might benefit from drinking Slim twice a day? Those with diabetes. Those with a lot of weight to lose. Bigger men. Those with carbohydrate intolerance. Those who have trouble losing weight on one (when they have quite a bit to lose).
This will be a personal decision. Contact me if you need help or advice!
(10) Don’t skip your Slim.
The effects of TriPlex and Slim are found in consistency. Taking the supplements every day heals the gut, replaces much-needed magnesium, oxygenizes the body, cleans out the colon and arteries, helps you lose weight, and much more.
Drinking Slim every day balances blood sugars, fights carb cravings, helps you make better food choices, suppresses appetite, enhances moods and emotions, destroys fat while maintaining muscle, and much more. Stopping and starting keeps all of that from happening regularly.
I recently asked my sponsor if there really are people who aren’t helped by Plexus. With a 100% weight loss success in testing Slim with diabetics, a definite weight loss statistic in recent controlled-clinical studies, a one percent return rate, an 85% success rate on Plexus alone to the general population, it doesn’t seem like many would NOT get help from Slim.
Her answer? Usually, the only people who aren’t helped by Plexus products are those who are not taking their products consistently and/or not drinking their water.
(11) Contact me for help or more information!
I would love to help you with your health journey. Feel free to contact me with questions via text, phone call, email, or messenger. (Donna Reish—260-433-4365)
Bonus: Plexus Articles and Videos