Another shocking recipe! I never expected these pecans to be anything close to the ones at the mall at Christmas time. Not without real brown sugar or real granulated sugar. And definitely not without butter. (I always thought all flavored nuts had butter!)
And oh the ease of the crock pot. Mix and forget. (They don’t call those popular books Fix It and Forget It for no reason!)
I love this recipe just as much with almonds as I do with pecans. Make them both for Christmas or for sugar-free gift bags for those you love.
Don’t forget to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page for this recipe’s helpful Recipe Keys!
Below are links to the ingredients I use in this recipe. I am an affiliate for Amazon.com. If you click on the links below I will earn a small commission. Thank you for your support of this blog!
- ¾ cup brown sugar Pyure (or other stevia-based one) Or use 1 ½ cups of cup-for-cup brown sugar sub
- ¾ cup granulated Pyure (or Gentle Sweet or Homemade Pyure or other stevia-blend) Or use 1 ½ cups of cup-for-cup granulated sugar sub
- 3 TBSP cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 to 5 cups pecans (or almonds)
- Cooking spray
- In one bowl, combine the brown sweetener, granulated sweetener, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla until thoroughly mixed.
- Place nuts in a large bowl. Pour egg white mixture over it and stir until mixture is over all nuts.
- Pour dry mixture over the egg white nuts. Stir until nuts are coated with this mixture.
- Spray crock with cooking spray.
- Pour in nuts, and cook on high (covered) for three hours. Stir every hour or so.
- Remove from crock and spread out on parchment to cool.
PIN THIS RECIPE!
Very Low Carb (VLC): This is a very low carb recipe! It is also high in fat (in the nuts). It is an amazing keto treat and awesome THM S snack.
Family-Friendly (FF): If your family enjoys pecans or almonds, they will love this. I have included it here because it is truly one the recipes that does not taste “different.” It is a great family treat!
Store-Bought-Stella (SBS): When I think of Store-Bought Stellas, I think of those gals who work and drive ten hours, come home to homework, dinner, baths, and more homework. The crock pot can be an SBS’s best friend! And this recipe is literally ten minutes of work!
Homemade Hannah (HH): While this is fast in speed, it is also very homemade. It is a unique recipe—as people do not expect you to turn out the nuts that are sold at the mall!
Freezer Cooking (FC): I have not frozen these nuts, but I really think they could be frozen.
Trim Healthy Mama-Friendly (THM) (www.trimhealthymama.com): Trim, Healthy Mamas, rejoice! Healthy Mixes combines the healthful aspects of the THM eating plan with the convenience and step-by-step instructions that many who are not used to cooking more healthfully need when trying to following the THM program. This is just one of hundreds of Healthy Mix recipes that fit into the THM eating plan. Btw, this is definitely an S treat—as all nuts are.
Sugar Free (SF): All of the Healthy Mixes e books, blog posts, and newsletters contain only sugar-free recipes. Once you get accustomed to whipping up “brown sugar,” it goes quickly. Sometimes I just put my sweetener in my bowl first, drizzle the molasses and maple extract over, stir quickly, then add the remaining ingredients. It doesn’t even really need to be an additional step!
Gluten-Free (GF): Most of the Healthy Mixes e books, blog posts, and newsletters contain gluten-free recipes. Most sugar-free sweeteners, nuts, and egg whites are gluten-free!
Want to Be Sugar-Free?
Tell me where you'd like me to send your free Sugar-Free Solutions guide and recipe book!