Welcome to Episode 15 of The Intermittent Fasting Journal Podcast/Videocast! In this episode, I tell about my fifteenth week of Daily Intermittent Fasting, including my two week experiment in low carbing combined with IF and what I learned about keeping to OMAD/3 (one meal a day divided into three parts). I talked about my weight gain from that two week experiment and subsequent loss of all lost within a few days of focusing more on OMAD than on “counting.” I also describe my husband’s first ten weeks on Daily IF–and his nearly 30 pound loss in that time frame. Next I dive into Listener Lessons (the teacher in me can’t help it!) of exactly how OMAD/3 with my first food being low carb (with a typical dinner later) has helped me with cravings, overeating during the eating window, reducing overall carb intake, nutrition density, and more. Finally, I describe three benchmarks that should be considered when choosing WHAT to eat during the eating window, reminding listeners that while Daily IF’ers can eat ANYTHING they want, they can’t eat EVERYTHING they want (emphasizing the need to keep a small calorie deficit in play all the time). The three benchmarks for what to eat during your eating window include (1) Foods that help you get your nutrition in; (2) Foods that make you feel great; and (3) Foods that you enjoy.
Intermittent Fasting Journal – Week 15
A. My Experience/Results
1. After two weeks of low carb (50 net carbs per day), gain of 4 pounds
2. Lost it within a few days of focusing on OMAD/3 again (One Meal a Day divided into three periods)
3. Learned–don’t focus on the added plan or what you are “allowed” with that plan; focus on the fast and OMAD/3
4. Hubby’s week ten–lost almost 30 pounds total!
B. Listener Lessons
1. OMAD/3—opening with a low carb snack
a. Results in fewer cravings
b. Continues the fast somewhat since you’re not taking in glucose
c. Reduces overall carb count for each day by 20% or so
d. Helps you continue to feel great as your eating window begins
2. What to Eat During Eating Window
a. You can eat ANYTHING; you just can’t eat EVERYTHING
b. Three benchmarks for choosing foods for OMAD/3
i. Foods that give you nutrients you need
ii. Foods that make you feel great (never eat a food that makes you feel bad)
iii. Foods that you enjoy–social, community, family, traditions, fun!
C. Supplementation—Plexus TriPlex–all natural, plant-based supplements!
1. Three Products for weight loss, health, pain relief, gut health
a. Plexus Slim–carb control, cravings lessened, appetite suppressed, energy, pain relief, sleep, weight loss
b. BioCleanse–magnesium supplement–inflammation reduced, oxygenizes the body, gut health, cleanses digestive tract
c. ProBio 5—three ingredients in one–probiotic that doesn’t lose its potency as it goes down, antifungals to break down bad bacteria, digestive enzymes
2. Videos to help you
a. Short video:
b. Longer video:
3. Our store
4. Contact us for help: 260-433-4365
Below are a couple of links to books I use and love. I am an affiliate for Amazon.com. If you click on the links below I will earn a small commission. Thank you for your support of this blog!
5 Ways to Find Me and Find Out More About Daily Intermittent Fasting!
(1) FB Group for Support and Daily Help
(3) IF Journal Podcast at iTunes
(4) YouTube channel
1) “Delay, Don’t Deny” book (amazing!)
2) “The Obesity Code” book
3) “Feast Without Fear” book
4) “The Complete Book of Fasting” (Jason Fung)
5) “Appetite Correction” book
6) “9 Facts About Plexus Slim” article
9) “Fasting Inferno” blog post with fun YouTube song and lyrics!