Hi! I’m Donna Reish, IF teacher, weight loss coach, blogger, and half of “The Minus 220 Pound Pair” as my husband and I have lost over 200 pounds together (160 of that in the past couple of years through the Weight Loss Lifestyle habits and strategies I teach!).
In this episode, I am excited to present the introduction to the Perfect Storm of Weight Loss.
I begin by defining a “perfect storm” and how we can apply this to weight loss and weight management. Rather than being a “violent storm” that occurs from a combination of conditions, the “Perfect Storm of Weight Loss” is a “predictable storm” that occurs from a combination of conditions that we can have control over.
Weight loss isn’t simply a calorie deficit or an eating protocol or eliminating foods. Weight MANAGEMENT—that is losing to a healthy weight and keeping it off—is a series of many things that we can INCREMENTALLY control. So cool!
I give my “propel what you plan” and “move what you measure” speech—nothing happens to us in weight loss—we make it happen by planning ahead and measuring/reviewing what is and isn’t working.
Finally, I introduce “The Perfect Storm of Weight Loss” Triangle—where we can see the three main aspects of weight loss/management and how they interact with each other.
I’m excited about this series—it will eventually come with a podcast/broadcast roadmap, “The Perform Storm of Weight Loss” in which the podcasts/broadcasts are laid out for you with their outlines in the order that will help you have the most success!
Keep abreast of the elements of the Perfect Storm here: donnareish.com/perfectstorm
This “Perfect Storm” is the same method I use with my weight loss coaching clients! Set up a consult to see if weight loss/life coaching with me is a good move for you at https://donnareish.com/coach
Find all of my episodes, outlines, and articles for my two weekly broadcasts:
(1) Weight Loss Lifestyle broadcast (formerly Donna’s Intermittent Fasting Broadcast) and
(2) Think-Feel-Eat broadcasts at donnareish.com
Sign up for my free webinar: intermittentfastingwebinar.com
I want so many good things for you!
Think Feel Eat Episode 12 Outline: Introducing the Perfect Storm of Weight Loss
A. What Is the Perfect Storm of Weight Loss
a. PERFECT STORM: “A particularly violent storm arising from a rare combination of adverse meteorological factors.”
b. PERFECT STORM OF WEIGHT LOSS: “A particularly productive weight management “storm” arising from a predictable combination of positive physiological, brain, thought, hormonal, food, emotional, and habit factors.”
2. What we think
a. We think it is the perfect diet—we think it is something that we can stick to, suffer through, not fall off….until we lose the amount of weight we need or want to lose
b. We think it is something that someone else is doing that is working or something that has worked for us before (which could both be true!)
3. It doesn’t have to be that way. We can create our own Perfect Storm—with a way that we will enjoy our foods, be satisfied with the amounts, and live comfortably with the time. We can do this!
B. What If We Really Do Have to “Change Everything”?
1. We don’t have to eat foods we hate or fast longer than we are comfortable or eat tiny portions that don’t satisfy us.
2. But we will make drastic changes over time—but they won’t seem drastic as we make them slowly and comfortably….it’s pretty amazing!
3. Weight loss is not just one single plan or approach—most research shows that ANY plan will work (people lose to goal on the potato diet, the Twinkie diet, the carnivore diet, the egg diet, the fat diet, the 600 calorie diet, and on and on and on…from the most unhealthy approaches to more sensible ones)
a. One commonality—they reduce intake. Period
b. Most widely outcome of weight loss research shows that most of us need to lose 30% of our body weight and eat 30% less than we do. Period.
c. How we create the Perfect Storm is up to us—and has to be something we can do forever (or some form of it—we will “asses/measure” and tweak as we go).
C. We must PLAN and MEASURE…
1. We PROPEL what we PLAN and we MOVE what we MEASURE…
2. Planning means that we decide ahead of time with the adult portion of our brain what we can live with for our Eating Protocol (time, foods, and amounts)
3. Measuring means we assess what we are doing and make changes as needed
Where would you like me to send your free Sugar-Free Solutions guide and recipe book?