Donna Reish, author of “Fasting Inferno” parody on YouTube, describes her seventh week of Daily Intermittent Fasting in this video/podcast. Donna describes her 19 hour daily fasting windows, adapting Daily IF to holidays and special days, using an app for tracking fasting hours (and for motivation!), and much more. She details four techniques that she uses to keep motivation during the fasting window: (1) Looking at/calculating with an app; (2) Performing physical actions of closing, opening, and locking a window; (3) Tooth brushing; and (4) Changing food associations with verbal cues. Donna continues in her “what I learned” section to teach listeners how to divide the OMAD (one meal a day) eating window into three parts for more self control and how to experience Appetite Correction. Donna also introduces her “Fasting Inferno” song in this episode!
Intermittent Fasting Journal: Week 7
A. What I Did
1) Averaged 19 hour windows
a. Longer eating windows on Thanksgiving and another day; shorter eating windows other days
b. App shows average for last seven days
2) Used app extensively (App is called Zero)
3) Motivations/Staying with the fast
a. Looking at app–using app math to extend, encourage, and educate myself!
b. Physical actions
i. Closing the window
ii. Locking the window
iii. Tightening the window
c. Tooth brushing–making an association with it that the window is still closed
d. Being aware of other food associations that need dealt with–change them by verbally saying aloud what you are doing now instead
1) No weight gain over Thanksgiving! See article, 7 Ways I Avoid Holiday Weight Gain!
2) 6 pounds over 7 weeks–with one week vacation and one week Thanksgiving!
3) Great success in varying window times–lets me know I can do this over Christmas get togethers too!
C. What I Learned–Lessons for Listeners
1) Have I mentioned I can do this for the rest of my life?
2) Think of eating window in three separate parts
a. Still OMAD–one meal a day–but not one four or five hour bingeing period
b. Makes it easier to plan and be in control
i. Snack/Salad/Appetizer when eating window is first open
ii. Entree an hour or two later (meal)
iii. Dessert/treat an hour or so later (if desired)
d. Save sweets for end of window
3) Appetite Correction (AC)
a. Sets in 2 to 4 weeks after CONSISTENT Daily IF
b. Works better with real foods (meal) so best to save sweets for end of window when you’ll be too full to overeat on them
c. If still overeating after AC should have set in, might need a shorter eating window
d. AC might make you want to close your eating window earlier so fasting can begin again! Get more fasting hours in before bed!
4. Plexus Products
a. Three main weight loss products
i. Slim–pink drink…
1) Balances blood sugar, controls cravings, reduces appetite, prebiotics that boost metabolism and decrease appetite
2) Sweetened with stevia–5 calories
3) Does not make me crave or cause an insulin response (some say stevia or fruit flavored/no cal drinks do) since it is specifically designed to lower blood sugar
4) If it causes cravings, you can open your eating window with it instead but it does give energy, suppresses appetite, etc., so I like it during my fast
5) Slim’s prebiotic raises akkermansia, shown to increase metabolism and reduce appetite (Google images: rats with akkermansia)
ii. Boost–herba mate–very effective at curbing appetite; also has natural caffeine equivalent to one cup of coffee per capsule
iii. Accelerator–helps with fat burning, weight loss accelerator, has HTP 5 that helps with seratonin release for depression, anxiety, etc. ; also has natural caffeine equivalent to one cup of coffee per capsule
b. Block–blocks 48% of carbs in next meal
i. Good for those afraid of carbs
ii. Good for eating out nights
iii. Some take one at night and one in the morning for fat fighting
iv. Helps you feel full quickly…
c. Free coaching group starting February 1st
i. Order from our Plexus store
ii. Get free weekly coaching live video, monthly one-on-one call, IF Start Up Charts, private FB group
5 Ways to Find Me and Find Out More About Daily Intermittent Fasting!
(1) FB Group for Support and Daily Help
(3) IF Journal Podcast at iTunes
(4) YouTube channel
Below are a couple of links to books I use and love. I am an affiliate for Amazon.com. If you click on the links below I will earn a small commission. Thank you for your support of this blog!
1) “Delay, Don’t Deny” book (amazing!)
2) “The Obesity Code” book
3) “Feast Without Fear” book
4) “The Complete Book of Fasting” (Jason Fung)
5) “Appetite Correction” book
6) “9 Facts About Plexus Slim” article
P.S. What did you learn in this week’s podcast/video? What questions did this episode bring up for you?
Where would you like me to send your free Sugar-Free Solutions guide and recipe book?