Hi! I’m Donna Reish, IF teacher, weight loss coach, blogger, and half of “The Minus 220 Pound Pair” as my husband and I have lost over 220 pounds together (160 of that in the past couple of years through the Weight Loss Lifestyle habits and strategies I teach!).

We need to make a lot of decisions in order to lose weight and maintain our loss.

(Oh, the decisions that have gone into my husband and my 220 pounds-together weight loss—and the decisions we have to continually make in order to maintain it! Seriously hard work!)

And the best decisions for weight loss are those that we make ahead of time. (You can find out why when you watch or listen to my extensive willpower episodes—WLL 60 and 61!)

But there is one BIG decision we need to make ahead of time…okay there is more than one.

First, we have to make a decision to follow a lifestyle that will lead us to our goal (such as The Perfect Storm of Weight Loss).

Then within that we will decide our Food Protocol:
1. What times we will eat
2. What food we will eat
3. What amounts we will eat

(These are the first pillar of the Perfect Storm.)

Then once we know our food protocol—the boundaries we have made for ourselves, then we are ready for this BIG one…

What foods will make up 80% of our eating.

These will be foods that are on our protocol, that help with the other aspects of the perfect storm, AND that we enjoy.

So in today’s episode, I give you a great resource for you to start creating your “this is what I eat 80% of the time” list.

And I teach you more about real foods. And dopamine spikes. And cravings. And deciding ahead of time. And staying on protocol—-all the stuff!

(For more about self-integrity and deciding ahead of time, watch/listen to Think Feel Eat 19 (Enemies of Self-Integrity) and 20 (Tools for Self-Integrity).)

Starting with this BIG decision ahead of time, having a food list of what you eat, you will have this hard decision made ahead of time 80% of the time. (The other 20% you’ll plan your Fun Foods—and those will be, well, fun!)

So download your Helpful Food Lists document here!! And make this BIG decision now—ahead of time…not in the moment!

Find all of my episodes, outlines, and articles for my two weekly broadcasts:

(1)  Weight Loss Lifestyle broadcast (formerly Donna’s Intermittent Fasting Broadcast)

(2)  Think-Feel-Eat broadcast 

Sign up for my free webinar: https://intermittentfastingwebinar.com

Think Feel Eat Outline 21 One Big Food Decision You Must Make Ahead of Time

A. Pick-a-Protocol

1. Helpful for narrowing down the types of foods you will eat in order to create your caloric deficit and eat the amount you need for your future sized body.
2. Quick review….get your Pick-a-Protocol packet here
3. Can use any protocol that fits The Perfect Storm of Weight Loss

a. Pillar One: Food Decided Ahead—Food Type, Food Amount, Food Time
b. Pillar Two: Hormones and Neuro-Transmitters/Brain Chemicals (causing cravings, causing depression or motivation, etc. )
c. Pillar Three: Thoughts and Emotions Management

B. Decisions Ahead of Time

1. Pre-frontal cortex

a. Unaffected by emotions, willpower, cravings, etc.
b. The planning part of our brain
c. The part that has our best interest in mind
d. The part that cares about our future self

2. Decisions in the moment are made with our primal brain

a. Avoid discomfort
b. Seek happiness and immediate gratification
c. Toddler brain

C. One Big Food Decision You Need to Make Ahead of Time

1. Already decided your protocol (TFE 16, 17, and 18)
2. Now decide the foods you will eat (on that protocol) 80% of the time
3. A ready-made food list of foods you like that help you with your Perfect Storm of Weight Loss
4. Review of the Helpful Foods Lists (download here!)

Where would you like me to send your free Sugar-Free Solutions guide and recipe book?


Powered by ConvertKit

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap